Monday, July 1, 2013

Roast Mutton

HI!  ....sorry too much energy.  I'll try to keep it under control.

I'm literally laying on my bed in my Lord of the Rings themed room right now.  The newest addition today was THE Gandalf poster.  (Gandalf the White to be specific.  Wouldn't want to leave you guessing.)  I seriously have a special light on it and everything....well it's actually rope lights, but whatever.  College kid ya know.  Moving on.  Definitely listening to The Hobbit score while I write this.  Hopefully I can get done by the time the music ends.  I'll keep you updated on the song currently playing. Right now "My Dear Frodo" is in progress.  It has some really freaky low sounds in it.  Lets hope its not coming from the house.

Well that is entirely enough Middle Earth themed talk for one day.  There have been a large number of things on my mind lately so hopefully I can pin a few down on this page before they get away.  HOLY POOP a really loud noise just came from my closet.  Not going in there for a few days.

Cue "An Unexpected Party" ...sure hope I don't get any surprises tonight. Especially from my now forbidden closet.



Anyway, I am a couple weeks from a pretty big milestone, somewhat depressing, but a milestone all the same.  It's been nearly a year of the single life for me.  Definitely a different change of pace.  I haven't been single this long since I joined the dating scene.  Middle school?  Yeah don't remember that.  Don't get me wrong though, I'm totally not complaining.  This last year has been like going to bed after a really hard day at work.  The break was needed.  I've finally had some time to decide what I want out of life, to decide who I want to be.

Cue "Misty Mountains"  If you don't remember, this is the song where all the dwarves are singing three octaves lower than a pack ...er....herd of elephants.

Now that I have a grasp on who I am, I hope I can find someone else that likes the me I want to be.  I am a little scared to get into it all again, but hopefully its a pretty smooth road ahead.  Having someone to lean on and trust when you are weak is such an amazing thing.  Wish me luck!

Another big event coming up is my 21st birthday.  Of course its on a Tuesday.  Do I just take the entire week off of work? Decisions...  It isn't like I have any money to spend on booze anyway.  Again, broke college kid here.  Maybe I'll just go to theater by myself, buy a beer, and watch the new Wolverine movie or something.  Sounds good.



Summer is flying by fast.  Don't forget to slow down and enjoy a day or two.  Personally, I'm trying to go fishing as much as possible and lay under the stars whenever they are out.  I hope you all are having a great summer as well!

I'm leaving you as "Roast Mutton" is playing.  Umm weird.  I promise I won't cook your pony over an open flame.  Sorry, got weirder.

Peace!

Devin






No comments:

Post a Comment