Thursday, May 1, 2014

Life update

Where to start?  I feel like a completely different person since my last post.  

The house I called home for the last year is now gone.  Moved in as a junior and out two days ago as a senior.  I have to keep resisting the urge to drive there and walk in the front door.  Aside from moving into a dorm, this was the hardest move for me.  I knew every crack in that place.  It's hard to leave something like that behind, but let's hope it's for the better!  Made some good memories and that's what counts.  The new place is much smaller. Yay roomie bonding!  I'll be living with the same three guys until it's all over. 

All the changes lately have gotten me reminiscing about the past and thinking about what the future holds for Devin.  I've been really blessed in life and have always had the things I need.  Lately that hasn't been enough to satisfy me.  I fall asleep at night feeling like an unfinished puzzle. Pieces are missing and I don't know where to look.  My best friend left the area and I am 100% single.  There are always people around...many are great friends, but I still feel lonely.  Having a person to confide in that isn't related to you is kind of nice every so often.  So, without beating around the bush a whole lot, I think I miss having a girlfriend.  I miss hugging someone that understands you and loves you for you.  I miss being so happy that I didn't care what anyone thought. I miss going through rough patches and becoming closer because of it.  Deep. So that's been on my mind lately.  All hope isn't lost.  I met a really awesome/beautiful girl a couple months ago but I'm not sure how that's going. Guess I should ask.  She said she likes The Lord of the Rings so maybe I have a chance ..hah.  I just feel like a cripple no one wants anything to do with. It's hard to be confident when you feel like your going to get shot down eventually.  Wish me luck!  I'll probably need it.

Summer 2014 is here. Hopefully I'll have more time to write now. 

Peace out Girl Scouts.

-Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment