Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I've Been Everywhere, Man.

I've been meaning to write for the last coulple weeks, but life has just been too dang exciting.  Not sure if I have any witty comments left in me so this will probably be as dry as my 3 month old loaf of bread. 

January is almost over.  Wait what?  That was waaaay to fast.  At least I spent time with some awesome people.  Lets get right down in it!  So a friend invited me up to the University of Northern Iowa to see STOMP.  If you don't know what that is, take this moment to go here and read up: http://www.stomponline.com/index-us.php  Seriously.  Do it.

Needless to say, I was kind of excited.  By the time the trip rolled around I had to pick up two people.  One person in Southwest Iowa and one at Iowa State University.  By the time I got to UNI I had already put in about 5 or 6 hours.  Yaaaay driving!  My friend at UNI lives in an all-girl dormitory so I definately got quite a few strange looks walking around in my PJ's the first night.  I met some really neat people and got the chance to get to know my friends even better. 

I woke up the next morning to someone poking the hell out of my back.  I'M NOT A TYPEWRITER! ...or a pedofile for that matter.  I enjoy pronouncing pedofile like peeeedofile by the way. Anywho it was a very exciting day.  We ran all over Cedar Falls, visited the pet store, ate some wings at BWW, and took hilarious pictures.  I may or may not have birthed a child in one photo... These adventures included dancing competitions inside AND outside of cars.  Seriously.  I looked back and my friend was dancing in the middle of an intersection.  (I think she won.)

STOMP was that same night.  Coincidentally I did stomp during the show.  Definitely reccomend it to anyone that enjoys music.  Great stuff.  I even got a picture with some of the performers after the show!  The next day we were off to the University of Iowa.  Talk about a long trip.  After everyone was dropped off I had driven over 900 miles! Wouldn't have traded that trip for the world.  I feel so much closer to some of my old friends and even made some new ones. 

Well...thats it.  Why are you still reading?  My writing is awful yo.

Peace,

-Dev!n

No comments:

Post a Comment