Thursday, January 24, 2013

So dang...

I am so dang happy.  I am so dang random.  I am so dang excited for this weekend.  I am so dang inspired.  I am just so dang motivated!  I am so dang Dev!n it's not even funny.

Enough about me!  What are you "so dang" about?

Music has really been driving me lately.  I wish I was making it, but listening can be just as good.  Anyway, several songs really got me going today.  On my way to work "Raise your Glass" by P!nk was on.  The chorus goes a little something like this:

 
So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways, all my underdogs
We will never be, never be anything but loud
And nitty gritty, dirty little freaks
Won't you come on and come on and
Raise your glass!
 
 
My mind started thinking as I was shouting lyrics out my sunroof.  I thought, 'Why don't we just celebrate life everyday?'.  There are so many reasons to be happy, so many reasons to rejoice.  Who cares if you aren't the best?  That is a GOOD thing.  You have something to live for...to work towards.  (I just sneezed on my laptop.  Yummy.)  Accept who you are and wave your glass in everyone's face!
 
This guy knows what's up!
 
 
The other song that really got me today was Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up".
 
 
I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
 
 
I could post the whole song because it's so dang fantastic, but I shall resist.  Basically this tune was pure inspiration to me, like a shot to the soul.  Try looking at things in a different way...you don't need to think of the song as if it was meant for a lover.  Sing this song to yourself!  Try it.  While I was singing along I texted myself.  "I won't give up on us." Deep right?  I think everyone needs a conversation like that with themselves.  When the song ended I got my text message.  It really hit me and I believed it. 
 
Your turn.  Believe in you!  Prove it to yourself daily.  Look you in the eye, raise a glass and just celebrate who you are.  Trust in your decisions.  Be you completely and whole-heartedly. 
 
With love,
 
Dev!n
 



No comments:

Post a Comment