Sunday, February 3, 2013

Down the Road


It took me quite a while to gather some thoughts for this next post.  Hopefully you reading these words will be as meaningful as me writing them.

I woke up this morning to the golden sounds of Matchbox Twenty.  My morning schedule resumed like usual...despite the fact it was already noon.  Facebook...shower...snapchat...facebook...twitter.  I think you get the idea.  Let me just say that my twitter feed is an absolute casserole of nonsense.  Still can't figure out why I follow some people.  (By the way...Thousand Foot Crutch followed me the other day....no big deal.)  Anyway, I saw that Matchbox Twenty is going to be playing pre-game for the Super Bowl XLVII.  HOW DID I MISS THAT?

A little picture to help out your imagination.
Later on I listened to a song that just fit my mood.  Its called "Down the Road" by Kenny Chesney.  That song always puts me in a great mood.  It also makes me realize that there is always something 'down the road'.  Go figure.  You don't always know what that something is gonna be, but you can be damn sure its will be there.  Sometimes things are obstacles...and sometimes they are joy and happiness.  Kind of reminds me of Mario Kart or Crash Team Racing.  You can go down the road at any speed you like...hell you can even go backward!  But not without consequences. At some point you will have the option to get some kind of 'power up'.  In a perfect world everyone would get the same opportunities.  How far we go is determined by how we utilize them.  Do we choose to only use our abilities to help our self?  Or do we focus only on taking opponents down?  You and I are faced with these decisions every day.  Should I go home after work to make myself happy, stop by the animal shelter and literally be the best part of those animals days, or bring everyone else down because I had a bad day at work?

I think we too often pick the negative options.  To a certain extent, negativity is an easy emotion.  You don't have to work hard to feel negative.  For me, being negative may have been easy, but it was not satisfying in any way. 

Lets all focus a little bit more on our choices.  We will all move down that road of life together.  The good experiences we have should always out-weight the bad.  Its up to us to make that happen.  Help a struggling friend or neighbor out!  Take care of yourself, but be sure no one else is falling behind.  We can't all come in first place, but we sure can finish together.

That's all I have time for today...its football time!

Be good, be happy, be love.

- Dev!n


 

No comments:

Post a Comment